Journal of Unitarian Universalist History
Kathleen Parker, Editor
The Journal of Unitarian Universalist History (formerly the Proceedings of the Unitarian Universalist Historical Society) is published annually by the Unitarian Universalist Historical Society. Individual subscriptions are $15 and come with membership in the Unitarian Universalist Historical Society.
Submissions may relate to any aspect of the history of the Unitarian Universalist religious traditions. Although our emphasis is on American history since the mid-eighteenth century, we welcome work related to any place and period (for example, Reformation Europe).
Submissions may be articles or "research notes:"
- Articles will be refereed within four months of submission.
- Submissions are best sent electronically to the editor as Microsoft Word format e-mail attachments. Send electronic submissions to: Krparker.email@example.com
- If manuscripts are submitted by mail, two copies must be sent, one without the author's name on it. If the manuscript is accepted, the author will be expected to provide an electronic copy.
Send paper submissions to: Editor, Journal of Unitarian Universalist History, 531 Peebles Street, Pittsburg, PA 15221.
- The "Research Notes" department accepts reports of interesting findings from research in progress; submissions should be 1000 words or less. The deadline for submissions each year is January 31st.
Advisory Board: Ann Lee Bressler (author), Neil Gerdes ( Meadville Lombard Theological School), Dean Grodzins (Massachusetts Historical Society), Mark Harris (UU Minister), Phillip Hewett (retired UU Minister), Dan McKanan (Harvard Divinity School), Mark Morrison-Reed (retired UU Minister), Cynthia Grant Tucker (Memphis State University), David Robinson (Oregon State University), David Hall (Harvard Divinity School).
Contents of Past Historical JournalsResearchers interested in the contents of past journals can explore the collected tables of contents for older journals by clicking on the links below. These collections are Adobe Acrobat files containing scans of the journal table of contents pages. You might need to install an Adobe Acrobat plug-in to view these files.
- UUHS Journal 2011 - Table of Contents - Volume 34 • html file
- UUHS Journal from 2008-2010 - 0.25 megabyte Adobe Acrobate File
- UUHS Journal from 1980 to 2007 - 1.14 megabyte Adobe Acrobat file
- Universalist Historical Society from 1959 to 1970 - 0.8 megabyte Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1925 to 1938 - 4.6 megabyte Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1939 to 1958 - 4.8 megabyte Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1959 to 1977 - 5.9 megabyte Acrobat file
Full Text of Past Historical Journals
You can search and read full text copies of Unitarian and Universalist historical journals on the Internet at HathiTrust.org
- The Proceedings of the Unitarian Historical Society - Volumes 1-7 and 15-18 (1925-1979)
- The Proceedings - Volumes 1-10 (1925-1954)
- The Proceedings - Volume 11-18 (1956-1979) not currently available on-line
- Journal of Unitarian Universalist history - Volumes 19-23 (1980-1995)
- The journal of Unitarian Universalist history - Volumes 24-32 (1996-2008)
- Journal of the Universalist Historical Society - Volumes 1-6 (1959-1966)
The journal of the Universalist Historical Society - Volumes 7 & 8 (1969-1975?)